Monday, October 13, 2014

Personal Post #5.5: Lookin' stupid 5ever

Toni giving me a strange look while I explain how to BS an essay as described by my dad. 
Today we have off from class because it's El Día de la Hispanidad (Hispanic Day), so since I have all this free time, I decided to draw a lil' cartoon of a conversation I had with Toni the other night. I was trying to tell her how my dad said when you write an essay that you don't know the answer to, you just have to lie at first, and eventually your essay will start to sound good (the fine art of BSing). Well, of course, I couldn't remember the verb for "to lie," so I just said, "hacer mentiras" instead, which basically translates as "to make lies." Toni gave me the most "what the heck" look I've ever seen. Of course, I was like, "Toni, I know there's a word for that! I can't remember it though..." and she was just like ".....mentir...??" and I was like, "Yes. Mentir." Literally the same word I said, just with one less letter. *facepalm*

Never gonna forget that again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.